thank you

This blog is dedicated to the amazing wildlife rescue staff. Toronto Wildlife Centre and The Owl Foundation.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Black and White Warbler, cedar Waxwing Release Sept 2014



I was asked by Toronto Wildlife to release a few birds the other day.  Two cedar waxwings (juveniles), Swainson Thrush, Black and White Warbler, Tennessee Warbler, and a Magnolia Warbler.
 I had a good viewing of the Cedar Waxwing and just prior to release an adult flew over my head.  The 3 warblers I can honestly say I did not see them at all and the thrush needed a bit of help to leave.  Luckily the black and white warbler came back to say goodbye.  The Tennessee did as well but it was a flash.   Good work by TWC on the rehab of these beautiful birds.

two cedar waxings


Swainson Thrush