thank you

This blog is dedicated to the amazing wildlife rescue staff. Toronto Wildlife Centre and The Owl Foundation.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Red-eyed Vireo window strike and release Sept 2013

Last week I heard the crash on the front window. Went to have a look and saw a Red-eyed Vireo on the ground. Picked it up and put it in a box, turned off lights and shut off radio and closed the door. Two hours later I went to check the bird - it would either be ready to fly or gone. It looked good. I took it to the back of the yard (still in the box) to the shade and some of the larger trees. I opened the box and was so pleased to see the vireo moving around and looking up at me. Gently let him go on the tree and he just sat there for a short time. I went into the house and put the box away. By the time I went back the vireo was gone.