thank you

This blog is dedicated to the amazing wildlife rescue staff. Toronto Wildlife Centre and The Owl Foundation.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Eastern Screech Owl release up by Midland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdXqsnl96C0&feature=c4-overview&list=UU-J_4Q--Rptdu4JOJVADoVg


Eastern Screech Owl - the size of a pop can.  The Owl Foundation asked me to release a screech owl as I was on my way up to the Midland area. 
After a 3 hour drive I was a bit worried as when I opened the box the owl was laying flat on her belly with wings out.  YIKES not good.  So I decided to check her out and if necessary back to The Owl Foundation.  Not necessary.  As I was about to check her out the owl went straight up in the air and then flew to the east of me. Over in a couple of second and never saw her again. 

Thank you The Owl Foundation for all your amazing work.
Thanks to Jen Howard to joined me on this release.